Published

Published
I've been Published

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Viva Las Vegastamps Design team submission April 11/11

When I find a new stamp I love, like this "Holly Santa" from Viva Las Vegastamps, I want to experiment and see what looks I can get. I've included two of my series of my favorite experiments using this stamp. You can see a third on Sakura craft design team block, where I used Crystal Lacquer to give dimension and gloss to the beard.



On the card above I used a technique I love. I took a white Color Box pigment ink stamp pad, a small brush and some water. I put a small amount of water on my brush using an almost dry brush technique where I dip the tip on the pad and paint it directly on the card. I do this several times until I get the effect I want. With the holly I used watercolor pencils.


The papers I used in this card are by Melissa Francis.


On the card above I used "pebbles" brand chalks and very small cotton balls in a holder also produced by Pebbles.
I love how different this stamp looks with different techniques. I am fascinated using print paper as a back ground. I still have a card I made with Stickles that I will save for later. Keep watching. Leave some love comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment